Monday, June 30, 2014

monday morning...ok, afternoon... star count

17 out of 90 whole stars completed.
1 out of approximately 25 partial stars completed.

I did some basting this week.  not a lot.  and I stitched one star.  woot!!!!  almost all this progress was accomplished on Tuesday evening while Hat and I watched Deadliest Catch.  We really like the show, and on Tuesdays they show the previous week's (or two's) episode(s), then a show called The Bait where the cast discusses behind the scenes stuff, and then the actual new episode, which is sometimes also followed by another program called After The Catch where the crew again assembles and talks about more behind the scenes stuff.   we like all of it.  and its great to watch all that snow and ice when we are sitting in the middle of sticky summer humidness.  stitch stitch stitch to the sounds of seagulls and waves crashing.


I try to baste 3 minty green "background" diamonds for every one star since that's about the ratio needed. I sorted my fabrics into color families and am working through one family at a time (yellows, reds, greens, browns).  I'm getting near the end of the yellows although I will need to repeat some fabrics later. 

linking up with jess @LifeUnderQuilts

6 comments: