Monday, May 12, 2014

I think I just posted blog post number two!  Partly for practice going to try #3 now :)

oooo..... don't tell hubby aka "Hat" I secretly am lusting after this... this week i bought some fabrics that will go great with current quilt which i am not even remotely close to finishing... but i absolutely love the pattern above and it is already on my bucket list.  its called "Third Weekend In October".  The quilt im working on contains the same colors that are in this one, and i actually really do need more fabrics to finish it, so my recent shopping spree can be mostly justified.   b u t... yes there are one or two (OK maybe 7!) fabric cuts that made their way into my bag that have nothing to do with current project but will be sooo perfect for background and creek parts of Third Weekend In October.  While i was inside fabric store going crazy his dear self was outside organizing his fishing poles and bait and i don't even know what... i really just close my ears when he starts telling me about leeches and bee moths and... ugh.... i am careful when i get into his truck so  i don't get a hook stabbed into me.  but he was very patient.  LOVE YOU HAT!!!


oh wow... and here is the quilt photo i found online that resolved my diamonds vs hexies struggle...  this photo is my inspiration.  its actually my cell phone lock-screen wallpaper.  its the basic pattern of the quilt im making.  its very old, and the current owner found it in  a dumpster.   i love the creamy turquoisey green background... and the scrappy ness~... and the greens, golds n browns.  but i don't like blues in general, or pinks here, or orangey reds so substituting rich autumn reds.  
heres the "map" i drew of quilt im making.  finished size is appx 4'x5'... good for snuggle up on couch with, but not bed sized.  i would never finish anything if that big.

3 comments:

  1. That antique quilt is very pretty, what book is of in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica it's two months later and I just stumbled accross the Flickr page photo that was my inspiration... whoever took the photo says that the book is Warman's Vintage Quilts. At last! I can give credit.

      Delete
  2. Jessica I found the photo of antique quilt book page on a website somewhere. I didn't take the photo. I don't know the name of the book, and unfortunately don't know the website I saw it on either. :(

    ReplyDelete